Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Absoulutely scrummy and great for comfort food
- 1 medium chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 piece gingerroot, approx 1 inch peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 grated lime, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- mix crushed garlic clove.
- root ginger
- soy sauce runny honey.
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime in a bowl.This is the marinade.
- add chicken strips and leave preferably overnight for best results.
- preheat grill to high.
- drain marinade into a saucepan.
- skewer each pice of chicken to make a kebab.
- grill 3 mins each side or until cooked brushing with remaining marinade to stop chicken drying out
- Bring remainder of marinade to the boil and simmer for one minute.
- add crunchy peanut butter.
- coconut milk.
- salt and pepper(to taste) to marinade mixture and stir till blended (add a little water if it seems a bit thick).Allow to heat gently.
- Pour over chicken and enjoy.