Nutty Cherry Meringue Cake
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- Cream the butter and 3 ounces of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg yolks.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour and milk.
- Pour into two 6-inch lined and greased cake tins.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff; fold in the remaining sugar and the hazelnuts.
- Spoon the meringue over the cake mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 300°F.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut most of the cherries in half; fold into most of the cream.
- Spread one half of the cake with the filling, and place the top in position.
- Serve decorated with piped cream and the remaining black cherries.