1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and 3 ounces of the sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Mix in the egg yolks.
- 3Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour and milk.
- 4Pour into two 6-inch lined and greased cake tins.
- 5Whisk the egg whites until stiff; fold in the remaining sugar and the hazelnuts.
- 6Spoon the meringue over the cake mixture.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes at 300°F.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Cut most of the cherries in half; fold into most of the cream.
- 10Spread one half of the cake with the filling, and place the top in position.
- 11Serve decorated with piped cream and the remaining black cherries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Cherry Meringue Cake
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.8
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 76.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 10.4 g