Recipe by Juenessa
These squares were a winning recipe entry from Country Magazine, February/March 1997. **Note: 3/23/07--after Kittencal's review I revised a couple of the ingredients per her wonderful suggestions. :-)
Top Review by Amyk4
I had this recipe years ago and I lost it OPPS! I was so please to find this recipe again. My DH really prefers this nutty crust over anyother. Thank you so much for posting this. I thought I might have lost it forever. Oh, and the changes that you made were right on. Delicious!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, walnuts, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Set half aside; press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 13 X 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- **Cook time does not include cooling time.