Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in my Kitchen Aid mixer manual. I am sure it can be made just as easily without the mixer though. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- crackers or vegetables, for serving
- Place all ingredients except pecans and crackers in mixer bowl.
- Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer.
- Turn to speed 4 and beat about 1 minute, or until well blended.
- On waxed paper, shape mixture into a ball.
- Roll ball in chopped pecans.
- Wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
This was a nice mild cheese ball and I really enjoyed it. My friends did too. I served with carrots and Ritz crackers. Yum! Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.
This was pretty tasty. I didn't have any Worcestershire sauce so I used Soy Sauce instead, although obviously I realise that this will make it taste quite different.