Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 large carrots
- 1⁄8 cup honey, slightly warmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup clarified unsalted butter
- Steam carrots until tender but still firm.
- Grate carrots.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Reheat by sautéing in clarified butter.
5 stars for the taste, 3 overall because there was so much butter I actually got sick. I really liked the combination of ingredients but I am a butter lover and this was just too much...even when I used 5 rather than 4 carrots. There was a pool at the bottom of my bowl. Ewww. Will keep and adjust to my tastes.
These were amazing! I used fresh minced garlic instead of powder. No leftovers at all!