1/1 Photo of Nutty Carrot Cumin Soup
A delicious soup inspired by a Dr. Gillian McKeith recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped (about 3 medium)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped (approx 5 stalks)
- 8 teaspoons low-sodium vegetable bouillon granules (or enough for 8 cups of water)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 8 cups water
- 200 g ground almonds
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Bring onions, garlic, carrots, celery, stock and water to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (approx 30 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat, strain vegetables (reserving the stock).
- 4Blend vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- 5Stir in ground almonds and enough stock to make desired soup consistency.
- 6Add cumin and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Carrot Cumin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium vegetable bouillon granules