A delicious soup inspired by a Dr. Gillian McKeith recipe.
Make and share this Nutty Carrot Cumin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped (about 3 medium)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped (approx 5 stalks)
- 8 teaspoons low-sodium vegetable bouillon granules (or enough for 8 cups of water)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cumin
- 8 cups water
- 200 g ground almonds
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring onions, garlic, carrots, celery, stock and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (approx 30 minutes).
- Remove from heat, strain vegetables (reserving the stock).
- Blend vegetables in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir in ground almonds and enough stock to make desired soup consistency.
- Add cumin and black pepper.