Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tried this yet but thought I'd post it. I always burn the oven variety of caramel corn so thought this would be easier.
- 6 quarts popped popcorn, unpopped kernels removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix popcorn and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Place on two greased baking sheets to dry about an hour.
- Store in airtight container.