Recipe by Clean Plate Club
A Copy Cat recipe for "Fiddle Faddle" fans
Top Review by LonghornMama
Coating has a wonderful buttery caramel flavor. I may be one of those people who needs a candy thermometer, though. Mine came out pretty grainy, I suspect I overcooked it. Still tasted great, kind of like praline popcorn, and we all ate it until we were about to pop. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 cups popped corn
- 1 cup mixed nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, and salt.
- Boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flavorings, cream of tartar, and soda.
- Pour over popped corn and nuts, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread glazed mixture out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in 200 oven for one hour.