Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Rich and Gooey Dessert Sensations cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhole lightly salted mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup (2 sticks) butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well mixed; press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until edges are brown and center looks dry, about 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack while preparing topping.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- In heavy medium saucepan over medium heat, heat remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and honey until butter is melted.
- Stir in brown sugar; bring to a boil. Boil without stirring for exactly 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and nuts.
- Immediately spoon caramel nut mixture evenly over crust. Bake until caramel bubbles, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack; cut in 2x2-inch bars.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.