Recipe by Johnney
Rich and buttery, My Grandmother made these for us when I was a kid. If you don't have almond extract, you can use 2 teaspoons of vanilla in its place. Any type of nuts can be used in place of the walnuts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix butter or margarine with sugar until creamy.
- Add salt, almond or vanilla extract, flour, and nuts and Mix Well.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle.
- Using fingers, shape dough into 1 inch balls or crescents.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool and serve.