Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish is great for potluck dinners.
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Set aside the noodle seasoning packet:crush the noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Add the slaw mix, broccoli, olives, sunflower seeds and almonds.
- In a container with a tight fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and contents of seasoning packet: shake well.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
A great tasting salad. It was good and crunchy; tart and sweet. All of the flavors complimented each other. This recipe is easy to prepare with simple ingredients. It makes a lovely salad to look at, and especially to eat. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Delish! My subs: Oriental noodles and skipped the olives and onions (family's not a fan of them). Also did half white vinegar and half wine because I didn't have cider/wine vinegar on hand. Came out wonderfully! Thanks.
Loved it! I did make the following adaptations: I used broccoli slaw, Oriental flavored Ramen noodles, and omitted both the olives & sunflower seeds. I increased the toasted almonds to 1 cup, and found that yummy. The dressing is the best ever, and would be good on just a salad! Thank you for sharing this. It's a keeper.