Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another recipe I have had since I got married, so it is over 40 years old. But I'm sure it tastes just as good today as it did 40 years ago.
- 1 cup pecans (chopped) or 1 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1 cup black walnuts (chopped) or 1 cup hickory nuts (chopped)
- 2 cups flour (all purpose, sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (melted)
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Bake in greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour or till light brown.