Recipe by Stardustannie
Serve in a hamburger bun or with a garden salad and fries. Quick easy n tasty!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I doubled the quantities for serving these deliciously flavoursome nutty burgers at a casual family luncheon. Just loved the crunch from the sunflower seeds in these. The only changes I made were to double the garlic, omit the chilli powder (personal taste preference) and to add a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of lemon zest and a teaspoon of cumin. Having omitted the chilli powder, I felt they needed something to add some depth to the flavour. I served them with tzatziki and salads. Everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Stardustannie. I intend making these again to eat at room temperature in take-to-work lunches. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 400 g four-bean mix, drained
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 75 g garlic and herb stuffing mix
- 150 ml boiling water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan and cook the onion and garlic until starting to soften.
- Add the chili powder, beans and seeds and cook for 3 minutes, mashing the beans with a fork.
- Put the stuffing mix in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Mix well, then stir in bean mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into burger patties.
- Heat the remaining oil in a clean pan and cook the burgers for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve along side a garden salad, or in burger buns with lettuce, tomato etc.