Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you like nuts, you will love this. Not as sweet as some squares. I have a walnut tree and have lots of walnuts every year and this is my favorite walnut recipe. It comes from Company's Coming Cookbook.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl (I use electric mixture).
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in flour, soda and nuts.
- Spread in greased 8x8-inch (20x20cm) pan.
- I line the pan with greased foil wrap and it makes removing them a lot easier.
- This is very thick and if you wet your hands it is easier to spread around, doesn't have to be pressed evenly flat.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 20 minutes.
Crunchy onthe top, chewy on the bottom. I had a hard time getting the middle ones out since the bottom was so chewy. So I lost a bit of the presentation but the flavor is good. And this if very very easy!
Nice and chewy. Did everything according to recipe. Had to buy my walnuts though.. :-/