Recipe by Dorel
If you like nuts, you will love this. Not as sweet as some squares. I have a walnut tree and have lots of walnuts every year and this is my favorite walnut recipe. It comes from Company's Coming Cookbook.
Top Review by Pabbit
Crunchy onthe top, chewy on the bottom. I had a hard time getting the middle ones out since the bottom was so chewy. So I lost a bit of the presentation but the flavor is good. And this if very very easy!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs slightly in bowl (I use electric mixture).
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in flour, soda and nuts.
- Spread in greased 8x8-inch (20x20cm) pan.
- I line the pan with greased foil wrap and it makes removing them a lot easier.
- This is very thick and if you wet your hands it is easier to spread around, doesn't have to be pressed evenly flat.
- Bake in 350°F oven for about 20 minutes.