Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a quick and delicious breafast. You can also add half a scoop of whey protein powder at the end to make it perfectly balanced nutritionally.
- 118.29 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 14.79 ml craisins
- 4.92 ml almonds, slivered
- 1 banana, chopped
- 236.59 ml milk
- Place the oatmeal in a large microwavable bowl and stir in the craisins and nuts.
- Add the chopped bananas and milk and stir.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring every minute until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy.
- Watch the bowl in the last minute because the oatmeal may overflow if the bowl is not large enough.
Yum! We really enjoyed this oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Found it last night and was able to make it with a couple modifications using what I already had in the house. I didn't have craisins or almonds, but I did add pecans. Also added a splash of vanilla and about a teaspoon of brown sugar. The banana made it big enough for two small servings, which was fine, but I would also have been happy not to share!
Thanks for a healthy and tasty breakfast treat.
Took you up on your whey protein addition, Dimpi. Loved this as a special treat. I, too, added freshly ground flaxseed. What a great way to start the day.