Recipe by Dimpi
This is a quick and delicious breafast. You can also add half a scoop of whey protein powder at the end to make it perfectly balanced nutritionally.
Top Review by Julie F
Yum! We really enjoyed this oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Found it last night and was able to make it with a couple modifications using what I already had in the house. I didn't have craisins or almonds, but I did add pecans. Also added a splash of vanilla and about a teaspoon of brown sugar. The banana made it big enough for two small servings, which was fine, but I would also have been happy not to share!
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon craisins
- 1 teaspoon almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 banana, chopped
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oatmeal in a large microwavable bowl and stir in the craisins and nuts.
- Add the chopped bananas and milk and stir.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes stirring every minute until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy.
- Watch the bowl in the last minute because the oatmeal may overflow if the bowl is not large enough.