Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best banana bread recipe on the planet, in my humble opinion!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 large mashed overripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir ithe eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas into the butter/sugar mixture until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture and nuts into flour mixture, just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
kind of dry