Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe comes from a neighbor we used to have. She'd bring it to all the neighborhood gatherings. VERY YUMMY! Having said that... I haven't tried actually making it yet, so if you decide to try it, let me know what you think.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mixed nuts (your favs!)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place popped popcorn into a large 4" deep buttered baking pan and place it in the oven to keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the soda & vanilla.
- Remove popcorn from the oven.
- Slowly pour syrup mixture over popcorn and add nut mix, mixing well.
- Butter a 15.5"x10.5"x1" baking pan.
- Turn all into the pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & cool completely.
- Break or cut apart.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Delicious! This is identical to my caramel corn recipe except mine doesn't have nuts. I have found that it is better to reduce the baking time to 45 minutes because it starts to get dark and burn when baked for 1 hour. This is a family favorite and the nuts are a nice addition. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe. I made this for PAC spring 2007.