Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I never cared for cole slaw or peanuts until now. This cole slaw gets great flavor from crispy bacon and incredible crunchy texture from chopped peanuts. It always gets rave reviews at pot lucks and picnics!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lb pre-packaged coleslaw mix (containing green and purple cabbage and carrots)
- 1 lb crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Stir Miracle Whip and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, bacon, and peanuts.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- Be sure to excersize sensible summertime food storage.
- Check out these"Safe Food To Go" guidelines at the United States Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service Web site: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/OA/pubs/foodtogo.html.
Yum! I love coleslaw, but I usually stick with the Asian style ones with vinegar based dressing. This has changed all of that. It was really really good. I made half a batch since it was just two of us and we finished it all! That is really saying a lot considering my BH nevr even touches the stuff. The only change I made was that I used honey roasted peanut since that is what I had on hand. Delicious!
Way too much Miracle Whip, made the dish kinda mushy. OK other than that.