Recipe by tazdevilfan
This yummy dessert is made in the slow cooker.
Top Review by Baby Chevelle
Wow, can't believe no one has reviewed this. I have been making this since I found the recipe in TOH in 1998. It is delicious and easy. We have always enjoyed it, I would call it comfort food. Thanx for posting
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- ice cream (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Place in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking mix. Spoon over apples.
- For topping, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; sprinkle over apples. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hour or until the apples are tender. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.