Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a pie cookbook I recieved as a gift a long time ago. When the apples are ready in our backyard I like to try all different kinds of pie to change things up a bit. This one has walnuts in it and is fabulous. I also like the fact that you don't need a crust for this. I serve this with whipped cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 cups green apples, pared and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- whipped cream
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Stir flour with cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix baking soda with warm water.
- Add flour mixture along with baking soda and water to creamed mixture.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Spread into well buttered pie pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes.