Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Designer nuts and the zing of minced ginger raise this poppycock well above the store bought kind. Great for gifts! From Food and Drink Magazine.
- 6 cups popped corn
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly then boil gently without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in ginger root and baking soda.
- Pour over popcorn mixture.
- Toss to coat evenly and turn onto a large roast pan or baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 35 to 40 minutes or until crisp and caramel coloured.
- Turn out onto waxed paper-lined tray.
- Cool completely and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.
need to try to convert to no sugar/any ideas?by useing splenda