Recipe by Transylmania
Always a hit. Sweet, salty, garlicky, and unique. A mix of local dishes and global sparks.
- 5 medium beets, scrubbed with tops removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted and chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast at 350 F for about 1 hour, or until tender.
- Let beets cool, remove skins, and slice thinly. Put into a bowl.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the beets. Toss and refrigerate for at least one hour.