Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What's for dinner? Oh, nuttin' honey. With peas. Although this recipe does have honey, it will not help keep your peas on your knife. So you'll have to bite the bullet and use a spoon this time, like normal folks. G'head, it's worth it.
- 20 ounces frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Cook peas according to package directions just until tender, but not mooooooooshy.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, melt butter.
- Stir honey into butter.
- Drain cooked peas and transfer to preheated serving dish.
- Salt& pepper according to your taste.
- Pour honey butter over top.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Toss lightly and serve immediately.
- This does not reheat well-- the sauce develops an off color.
- Tastes fine, looks funky.
These are delicious! I prepared exactly as directed by the recipe and they turned out wonderfully! I do have leftovers and don't care what color they are, they will be part of my lunch tomorrow! Thanks TBG!
This is excellent! I usually add sugar and butter to my peas, but the honey gives a much better flavor. I toasted the pecans slightly, to add that nutty taste.