Recipe by Kathy(
This fall I'm on a quest to make recipe using Nutter Butter cookies. This recipe/craft project was inspired by The Party Animal web site. http://www.thepartyanimal-blog.org/nutter-butter-turkey-cookie-pops/
- 6 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 340.19 g yellow candy melts
- 170.09 g orange candy melts
- 170.09 g red candy melts
- 12 edible candy eyes
- 2-3 piece orange Starburst candies (beak)
- 6 lollipop sticks
- wax paper
- 3 plastic bottles (melting or decorating squeeze bottle with a cap with a small-medium round opening)
Directions See How It's Made
- Draw a turkey on plain paper and make as many copies as desired. The body should be the outline of a Nutter Butter cookie.(A template appears in the photo section.) Lay a piece of wax paper over each template.
- Cut the Starburst candies into pointy triangles so they resemble a beak. Set aside.
- Add yellow candy melts to one of the decorating bottles. I lay the bottle on its side in the microwave. Microwave at 50% power for one minute. Press the bottle, mixing the candy and continue melting in 20-30 second intervals. Don't overcook the candy melts.
- Yellow: Fill in the body and first row of feathers with the melted yellow candy melts. Immediately press the lollipop stick into the body area. Add a little bit more yellow on top of the stick and press a Nutter Butter cookie on top. Do the same with the remaining turkeys.
- Orange: Melt the orange candy in bottle #2. Fill in the next row of feathers. Repeat with remaining turkeys.
- Red: Melt the red candy in bottle #3. Fill in the outer row of feathers. Repeat with remaining turkeys.
- Add the candy eyes. You can reheat the yellow candy melts or use a small amount of melted white chocolate chips. Put a dab on the back of the edible eyes and attach to the turkey body.
- Add the beak. Put a dab of melted candy on the back of the beak and attach right below the eyes.
- Snood: It's that red thing that dangles on the turkey's face. You may need to remelt the red candy. Pipe a squiggly red snood onto the turkey face.
- Allow turkeys to harden. Enjoy!