Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this while getting inspiration for another recipe
Make and share this Nutter Butter Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package Nutter Butter sandwich cookies or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) packageother cream-filled peanut butter cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, creamy or 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 8 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse them until they are fine crumbs. Alternately, you can use a mixer if you watch it carefully and stir the cookies so that they are evenly crushed.
- Transfer the cookie crumbs to a medium bowl. Add the softened cream cheese and peanut butter, and stir with a spoon until the mixture is a homogenous paste. It should be easy to mold into balls, but not too wet or soggy.
- Use a small candy or cookie scoop, or a teaspoon, to shape small balls. Roll them between your hands to get them perfectly round, and place on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Although the balls can be dipped right away, they hold together better if they are refrigerated for at least an hour before being dipped.
- After the candy centers have chilled, place the chocolate candy coating in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave it until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating.
- Using dipping tools or a fork, dip each peanut ball in the chocolate candy coating and replace it on the foil-covered baking sheet. If desired, top the truffles with chopped peanuts while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate the truffles to set the chocolate for about 20 minutes. Store Nutter Butter Truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.