- 8 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 16 edible candy eyes (you can sub white icing and a dot of black icing)
- 8 peanut butter candy melts
- 8 caramels
- 1⁄8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- black decorating gel
- 1⁄4 cup melted peanut butter chips or 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Attach eyes using a dab of melted peanut butter chips .
- Ears: Cut the caramels in half. Shape each piece of caramel into a log by rolling between your palms. Flatten the lower half slightly so it bells out. Generally, shape it to resemble floppy ears. Using melted peanut butter chips attach an ear on each side.
- Attach a peanut butter candy melt (muzzle) to the lower half of the Nutter Butter cookie using a dab of melted peanut butter chips.
- Melt/microwave the semi sweet chocolate chips in a zip lock plastic bag. Snip off a corner and pipe a nose on each puppy dog.
- Optional: Using the black decorating gel pipe a mouth below the nose. I use a fine tip paint brush for this step.