Recipe by Leta
Delicious frozen peanut butter pie. Cook time is actually freezer time. From Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Product Cookbook.
Top Review by Learning2Cook
This pie is awesome! Like some of the other reviewers, I made this in a 13x9 pan and added a layer of chocolate pudding (mixed with a little bit of whipped cream) above the peanut butter. It wasn't as rich as some peanut butter desserts so we were actually able to eat a full serving of it.
- 24 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust*, crush the cookies in a zipper style plastic bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor.
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter.
- Press into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Let stand 1/2 hour or until pie can be cut.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional cookies if desired.
- Special extra: Just before serving, drizzle chocolate flavored syrup on plates.
- *Ifdesired, omit Nutter Butter cookie crust and use an oreo crust instead.