Delicious frozen peanut butter pie. Cook time is actually freezer time. From Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Product Cookbook.
- To make crust*, crush the cookies in a zipper style plastic bag with a rolling pin, or in a food processor.
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter.
- Press into bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon into crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Let stand 1/2 hour or until pie can be cut.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional cookies if desired.
- Special extra: Just before serving, drizzle chocolate flavored syrup on plates.
- *Ifdesired, omit Nutter Butter cookie crust and use an oreo crust instead.
This pie is awesome! Like some of the other reviewers, I made this in a 13x9 pan and added a layer of chocolate pudding (mixed with a little bit of whipped cream) above the peanut butter. It wasn't as rich as some peanut butter desserts so we were actually able to eat a full serving of it.
Big WOW!! This pie tastes so good, I had to make myself share it with the rest of my family. I used the Nutter Butters for the crust which really intensified the peanut butter flavor. The filling was so rich and creamy and I did drizzle chocolate syrup on top. Looked spectacular. I should have just spread the stuff right on my thighs ;)
I worked in a restaurant outside of Washington DC for many years and we had a peanut butter pie that had, basically, the same filling but we put in a handmake graham cracker crust. Best seller! But WOW is the taste elevated with a Nutter Butter Cookie Crust!! It's great to make ahead, before you start cooking dinner remove pie from freezer or just a slice or two and let sit on kitchen counter. When ready to eat, I drizzle with chocolate syrup over the slice and the plate, chopped salted peanuts and whipped cream. I guarantee your last bite is going to be trying to scrape the chocolate off the plate with every last crumb!