Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted something to go with the Nutter Butter Easter Bunnies I recently made -- these little chicks were just right. They are super easy to make, and look adorable.
- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 12 ounces yellow candy melts or 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts, with
- yellow food coloring (must be an oil-based coloring)
- 8 orange Tic Tac mints (beak)
- black decorating gel (eyes) or icing (eyes)
- wax paper
- Cut the Tic Tacs in half to form the chick's beak. Set aside.
- Melt the candy coating as directed on the package. I use the microwave. If using white candy melts, add enough yellow food coloring to get a bright yellow tint.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies in the melted candy coating, shake off the excess, then lay on the wax paper. Allow the coating to harden, about 10-20 minutes.
- Pipe eyes on each chick. Add eyebrows or eye lashes if you like -- I think it gives them more personality.
- Beak: Attach the beak using a bit of melted candy coating.
The picture is cute, i tried this with liquid food coloring, and turned into paste, horrible. I looked for powdered food color and the don't have it in my town, too small i guess. disappointing. Great idea.
This is a cute idea, my grandson loves Nutter Butters and will enjoy them. One note, if you use white chocolate you cannot use regular liquid food color, it won't blend with the chocolate. You must use powered color, found in the cake decorating aisle.