- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts or 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 8 marshmallows (ears)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or 1 tablespoon pink sugar
- pink food coloring (omit if using colored sugar)
- black decorating gel, tube with decorating tip (I prefer to use a fine-tipped paintbrush to draw the mouth and whiskers)
- pink decorating icing, tube with decorating tip (I used a tube of Wilton red decorating candy)
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay a sheet of wax paper on the counter top. Mix together the pink food coloring and the granulated sugar (or use pre-colored sugar).
- Cut each marshmallow in half to form two circles. Then cut each circle in half. Press the sticky part of the marshmallow into the pink sugar. Shake off the excess, and set aside.
- Melt the white candy melts as instructed on the package. I use the microwave. Dip the Nutter Butter cookies into the melted chocolate, shake off the excess and lay on the wax paper. Before the chocolate sets, position the ears at the top of the bunny head and press into the candy coating.
- Allow to coating to harden for 20-30 minutes. If the ears don't adhere to the bunny head, you can use a bit of white frosting or additional melted candy to re-attach the ears later.
- Face: Using a tube of black decorating gel, pipe two eyes on each cookie. Next pipe on the nose, using the pink/red decorating icing. At this point I allow the nose icing to harden for 10-15 minutes so I don't smear it when applying the whiskers.
- Mouth/Whiskers: You can pipe these on, but I found it was easier to squirt a small amount of black decorating gel onto the wax paper, then use a fine-tipped paint brush to dray on the mouth and whiskers.