1/1 Photo of Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Trifle (No Shortcut!)
4 hrs 35 mins
Heather in Georgia's Note:
This came from Southern Living magazine, 2009. There is another recipe on Zaar already, but it only posts the shortcut method. I prefer the taste of the homemade pudding that tastes much like custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 (1 lb) package peanut butter sandwich cookie
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- peanut butter sandwich cookie, dried banana chips, fresh mint sprigs
- 1Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, whisking constantly, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted.
- 3Fill a large bowl with ice. Place saucepan in ice, and let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly chilled.
- 4Meanwhile, cut bananas into 1/4-inch slices.
- 5Break cookies into thirds.
- 6Spoon half of pudding mixture into a 3-qt. bowl or pitcher. Top with bananas and cookies. Spoon remaining pudding mixture over bananas and cookies.
- 7Top with sweetened whipped cream.
- 8Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutter Butter Banana Pudding Trifle (No Shortcut!)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.1 mg
- Sodium 320.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g