Recipe by Kathy(
Next time you throw a baby shower, you have to make these adorable little gems. I made them in pink and blue, but neutral colors like green and yellow would work.
- 113.39 g pink candy melts (I used white candy melts with pink food coloring)
- 113.39 g blue candy melts
- 16 round white chocolate candy melts, unmelted (faces)
- black decorating gel (and a fine-tipped paint brush)
- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small dish, microwave (50% power) the pink candy melts. Don't over cook. If you do, add a small bit of vegetable shortening.
- Pink Babies: Dip 8 Nutter Butter cookies into the pink candy, the place on wax paper to set up. Before the candy shell hardens, press a round white candy melt into the upper section of the cookie, creating the baby's face. Allow to harden.
- Blue Babies: Repeat the above directions. Allow to harden.
- When the candy coating has hardened, squirt a little bit of black decorating gel onto the wax paper. Using a fine-tipped paint brush, draw the baby's eyes, nose, and mouth on the white candy melt. You can also create those features by piping icing, but I find it easier to draw them.
- Allow to harden, then serve.