1/2 Photos of Nutter Butter Babies (Baby Shower)
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Next time you throw a baby shower, you have to make these adorable little gems. I made them in pink and blue, but neutral colors like green and yellow would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces pink candy melts (I used white candy melts with pink food coloring)
- 4 ounces blue candy melts
- 16 round white chocolate candy melts, unmelted (faces)
- black decorating gel (and a fine-tipped paint brush)
- 16 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- wax paper
- 1In a small dish, microwave (50% power) the pink candy melts. Don't over cook. If you do, add a small bit of vegetable shortening.
- 2Pink Babies: Dip 8 Nutter Butter cookies into the pink candy, the place on wax paper to set up. Before the candy shell hardens, press a round white candy melt into the upper section of the cookie, creating the baby's face. Allow to harden.
- 3Blue Babies: Repeat the above directions. Allow to harden.
- 4When the candy coating has hardened, squirt a little bit of black decorating gel onto the wax paper. Using a fine-tipped paint brush, draw the baby's eyes, nose, and mouth on the white candy melt. You can also create those features by piping icing, but I find it easier to draw them.
- 5Allow to harden, then serve.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutter Butter Babies (Baby Shower)
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.9
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pink candy melts
blue candy melts
white chocolate candy melts