Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this idea on the food blog Sweet Simple Stuff. http://sweetsimplestuff.com/2011/10/10/sweet-acorns-and-a-giveaway/
- 24 dark chocolate kisses
- 24 Hershey chocolate kisses (milk chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- 24 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 peanut butter chips
- 48 Nuttter Butter Bites
- Unwrap the Kisses and set aside. Arrange all the ingredients on a piece of parchment paper or directly on the counter top.
- Melt 1/4 cup peanut butter chips in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Stir the chips and microwave for 10-30 more seconds -- don't over cook. When assembling the acorns, I set the bowl of melted peanut butter chips in a larger bowl of very hot/boiling water so the chips stay melted.
- Assemble the acorns: Put a small dab of melted peanut butter on one side of a Nutter Butter Bite. Immediately "glue" a Kiss to the Nutter Butter Bite. Set aside, and continue gluing the rest of the Kisses. After a minute or two they will harden enough to add the acorn tops.
- Add the acorn tops: Put a tiny dab of melted peanut butter on the top of the acorn and top with a chocolate or peanut butter chip. Set aside to harden.
Adorable, tasty, easy and a HUGE hit. Will make these every fall!