- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ground almonds or 1 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 grated orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the rice, chicken broth and water in a 2-quart ovenproof casserole.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and stir in the nuts, cloves, and orange zest.
- Cover tightly with the lid or aluminum foil and bake in the oven until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender, about 45 minutes.