Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Betcha can't eat just one! Keep these in a tightly sealed container.
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup whole almond
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil (canola works too)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the nuts in a zip lock bag along with the oil, and shake them up to coat well.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Open the bag and pour the nuts out into the spice mix, stirring until very well coated.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet or sheets.
- Bake about 10 minutes until nuts are lightly golden and roasted.
- Cool to room temperature.
These are very yummy. I will add more cayenne next time because we like a little more kick. I doubled the amount of nuts called for, but left the sugar/spice mix the same amount and it covered the nuts with lots of coating, but not an excess. Thanks to the other reviews for pointing out there's too much coating otherwise. I will make these for a fun treat each Christmas now that I know how good they are.
I will have to experiment with amounts next time. I had way too much wasted spice/sugar mix that didn't stick to the nuts. The pecans and walnuts worked the best b/c they have those crevices to hold onto the seasoning. The taste was not as intense and the lovely odor implied! But still yummy! for P-A-R-T-Y 2009
Not sure if I made a mistake or not, but had so much extra spice mix. The nuts were overly coated.