Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A handyman's favourite snack! (Box/container sizes are approximate, depending on the brands that you prefer). Angostura (brand) low-sodium Worcestershire sauce contains no anchovies or fish of any kind and, therefore, it is OK for a vegetarian diet.
- 1 (16 ounce) can mixed nuts (or larger)
- 1 (14 ounce) box Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 (14 ounce) box shredded wheat cereal
- 1 box pretzel (any size)
- 1 (14 ounce) box cheese nips
- 2 cups raisins, boiled
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Angostura low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Melt the butter and add the Worcestershire sauce and spices.
- Pour over the other ingredients in a large roasting pan.
- Bake in the oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, turn the oven off and leave the roasting pan in the oven for 2 more hours.
- Store in airtight containers (tool chests DO NOT qualify!).
Just as a heads up to vegetarians, worcester sauce is made with some fish, so if you are a vegetarian, replace it with some other type of sauce. [Editor's note: Recipe was edited on 8/6/2002 to a specific brand of soy sauce that is vegetarian.]