Recipe by Sydney Mike
This is a great finger food for any gathering, especially with the combination of cranberry & ginger! It comes from the fall 2004 issue of the Kraft 'food&family' magazine. The original recipe calls for Planters Cocktail Peanuts.
Top Review by loof
Great tasty munch mix! Loved the ginger and as others have suggested I may add some chopped candied ginger next time as well. The fruit and nuts were good in this but honestly I could just eat the coated cereal by itself ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups shredded wheat cereal, spoon size
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter & sugar in large microwavable bowl, & microwave on high 1-2 minutes or until butter is completely melted when stirred.
- Add ginger & mix well.
- Add cereal & toss gently.
- In a single layer, spread the cereal mixture in a greased 15"x10" baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Stir in peanuts & return to oven to bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before adding cranberries. Toss gently.