Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A pasta dessert that is similar to rice pudding
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (or 2 1/2 cups cooked small pasta)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- whipped cream (optional)
- slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- Cook orzo according to package direction and drain.
- In medium mixing bowl stir together the eggs, cooked pasta, milk, honey, 1/2 cup of almonds, and raisins; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir the mixture to evenly distribute the raisins.
- Bake for and additional 20 to 25 minutes or until nearly set (the center of this pudding remains soft set with the outside edge somewhat firmer).
- Cool slightly on a wire rack; serve warm, with whipped cream and remaining almonds.