Recipe by Alison J.
This recipe makes a good-sized batch of munchies to take camping or for snacks around the house. For a really HUGE batch, use a box/package of each dry ingredient and double or triple the seasonings, depending on your taste. The recipe is really forgiving - add or substitute cereals and seasonings to match your personal taste!
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
I made as described, using peanuts for the mixed nuts. The girls in our Girl Scout troop really liked making and eating this. The only problem was the endless time waiting for it to come out of the oven. Made and Reviewed for Zaar Tag - Thanks :)
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 cups goldfish crackers (cheddar flavour is best)
- 1 cup pretzel stick
- 1 cup mixed nuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Mix the cereals, crackers, pretzels, and nuts together in a roasting pan or large casserole dish (with a lid, if possible).
- Sprinkle the powders over the dry ingredients. Mix well (put the lid on the roasting pan and shake).
- Mix melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice together and sprinkle over the other ingredients, mixing well between additions.
- Bake uncovered for 2 hours, mixing well every 30 minutes.