Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
A number of years ago, samples of this recipe were being served at a local mall along with others of which the main ingredient was turkey. I tried it, liked it and took a copy of the recipe.
Top Review by Ty's Kitchen
Instead of cooked turkey, I used cooked chicken... it was a great meal. Cannot wait to try with cooked turkey. Thanks for a great recipe.
Update: Dec. 30, 2011 - Great for leftover turkey - have used this numerous times.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup cashews (I use cashews)
- 1 3⁄4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 cup turkey broth (I use chicken broth if no turkey broth on hand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sauce ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid.
- Shake to combine.
- Heat oil in wok or frypan on high heat.
- Add onions& stir fry 1 minute.
- Add green pepper, carrots and nuts and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and sauce and stir fry until sauce is thick and clear and turkey is warmed through (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve over rice.