1/1 Photo of Nuts About Fruit Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 6 maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2Add KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, fruit and pecans (if desired). Stir until well coated.
- 3Press mixture into six 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch pans coated with cooking spray. Cool. Remove from pans.
- 4Cut each cherry into 5 slivers. Arrange slivers in shape of flower on top of each loaf.
- 5In small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Spoon over loaves. Let stand at least 1 hour. Best if served the same day.
- 6MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- 8For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 91 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- 10Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- 11Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuts About Fruit Cake
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal