Recipe by Cat^..^atude
The directions for this soup was given to me by a good friend, who was a cook on fishing boats in British Columbia. He is extremely conscious about health and good for you,food.
Top Review by efmartinson
Loved it! Was looking to do something with a lb. of burger that I had, so I wasn't prepared with all the ingredients. Used petite diced tomatoes instead of whole; northern beans inst of pinto; no celery, 1 shredded carrot, less mushrooms, whole wheat macaroni instead of fusilli. Otherwise, stuck to the recipe!
- 16 ounces minced beef
- 1 liter beef broth
- 19 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 19 ounces kidney beans
- 14 ounces pinto beans
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, cut small
- 2 celery ribs, cut small
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, cut up or 2 cups canned mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups fusilli
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Precook meat in microwavable dish for approximately 10 minutes on medium power.
- Put it and all remaining ingredients in 5 quart crock pot.
- Stir to mix all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- NOTE: I slightly precook all ingredients in my microwave to speed up the cooking time, as I like this soup for lunch. As for freezing, it never lasts long enough around here. I see no problem in freezing though, as all ingredients are freezable.