Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nachos can be a healthy snack choice if made with fresh vegetables and low fat cheese. Topped with a slathering of salsa and garlic powder and you're ready to indulge! Enjoy!
- 40 tortilla chips
- 78.07 ml sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 78.07 ml mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 orange bell pepper (cut into one inch strips)
- 1 green pepper (cut into one inch strips)
- 236.59 ml mushroom (chopped)
- 78.07 ml Pace Picante Sauce (Hot)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- Spread out tortilla chips on a dinner plate or serving platter keeping chips touching, exposing very little of the plate. Top with cheese then the remaining ingredients. Heat in Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
These nachos were so colorful and made a great presentation for a quick snack. I did back mine in the oven at 400 for about 10 minutes to try to keep them crisp. However, they did get a little soggy on the bottom which I was surprised at. I don't do a lot of microwave cooking and just felt more comfortable using my oven. There could be so many variations of this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2012
Best if made in smaller individual size portions as a baked snack eaten quickly. So good I have them weekly!
I also baked them in the oven for about 10 minutes. They were good. A little bit healthier with the veggies. I added black olives. Thanks DayJahView :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game