Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is my dad's favourite! I made it for dinner tonight and it was gone in micro-seconds:) Kids, adults, grandparents, guests, all love it!
Top Review by pollen
Thanks for the recipe Charishma! I used half soy milk and half water for the milk, and it worked out fine. My roommate suggested that a bit more salt could be used. They were really easy to make, and had a good flavour (and smell!)... I will definately make them again!
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup ghee, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup warm milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, dissolved in the milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wheat flour, salt and soda in a bowl.
- Rub in ghee.
- Add milk-sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- The dough will be a bit sticky.
- Heat a flat bottom pan (tava).
- Pour few drops of ghee in the center and spread to the outside.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Roll them out not too large in size.
- Put each roti, one at a time, on the tava.
- Poke holes all over the roti using a fork.
- Cook the roti on one side till brown specs appear, then, flip, and cook on the other side till brown specs appear again.
- Remove from tava.
- Dip in hot tea and enjoy!
- Or, you can wrap these in aluminium foil and enjoy at a picnic!
- Please Note: You can substitute ghee with oil, if you wish, but make sure, then, that you use oil wherever I have specified to use ghee.