Inspired by the Sneaky Chef flour blend, I wanted to add more nutriton, so came up with this recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour (blend oatmeal in the food processor till finely ground)
- 1⁄4 cup barley flour (or millet, rye, buckwheat, or rice or just use 1/2 cup of the oat flour if you can't find or don't h)
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- Mix thorougly and keep in a covered container, preferably in the refrigerator.
- Use in place of whole wheat flour in any recipe calling for whole wheat flour.
- Or try substituting for a portion of white flour in your favorite bread, muffin, roll, etc. recipe.