Top Review by tenzofae
I made this to go with dinner at the commune so the vegetarian folk would have something to eat rather than just chicken gravy. even the meat eaters ended up liking it, though :)
- 1⁄3 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄4 cup oil or 1⁄4 cup soy margarine
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- On stovetop, add flour to dry saucepan and toast on low heat until you smell that it is heated and toasted (similiar to how you would toast sesame seeds).
- Add nutritional yeast and then add oil, stirring constantly on medium heat.
- Heat until simmering--keep stirin'!
- Gradually add water and soy sauce, stirring all the while.
- Stir until thick and add your favorite spices.