Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Tripod Recipe Publisher - vegan! Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds promising...lemme know!
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Mix dry ingredients in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the water.
- Cook over medium heat while whisking until it thickens and bubbles.
- Cook 30 seconds more and remove from heat.
- Whip in the margarine and mustard.
- This thickens when it cools, and thins when heated.
- Water can be added to thin it more. Keeps about 5 days.