Recipe by Chef Reg Jones
Made from all natural fruits and nuts,these bars are great for snacks lunches,breakfast on the go folks and a treat to go along with a cup of tea.It a simple recipe and one can change some of the ingredients to suit one self.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My "fruit mixed cereal" is usually something I put together myself with Honey Bunches of Oats & diced dried fruits such as apricots, Fuji apples, strawberries, cherries, cranberries & raisins, so that's what I used here, then followed the recipe on down, using the more moist Medjool dates! Also used a dark, more flavorful honey & a light, less intense molasses! Ended up with ONE OF THE TASTIEST HEALTH BARS that I've ever had ~ Much, much better than what I've been buying! Many thanks for a great keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 7 cups of fruit mixed cereal
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup roasted roasted soybeans (unsalted if you can find)
- 1 1⁄2 cups trail mix
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup becel vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- .Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- .In a large bowl blend together all the dry ingredients.Mix well.
- .In a sausepan over medium heat add the honey,corn syrup,molasses and the oil .Heat till runny.
- .Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.(takes awhile to mix together(Looks like there is not enough liquid,)but it will mix ok.
- .Line a couple of 8"x12" pans with parchment paper.(Makes it easier to get out when baked).
- .Put 1/2 of the mixture into each pan -- Pat down with the back of a large plastic spoon.Make a smooth surface --
- .Bake about 15-20 minutes --
- .ENJOY !