Recipe by Anne Sainz
This delicious Nutritarian "ice cream" is adapted from a recipe from drfuhrman.com. This recipe calls for blueberries but try it with srawberries, cherries, peaches or other fruits that you like. You can omit the extra fruit for a "vanilla" ice cream. I have served this to company and they loved it. We like it even more than traditional ice cream! CAUTION: This recipe requires a high powered blender (like a Vitamix) or high powered food processor so it doesn't strain when you put in the frozen fruit.
- 2 bananas, ripe, peeled, broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces and frozen
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or 1⁄3 cup other non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the bananas, break them into 1 1/2 inch pieces and freeze at least 12 hours. If you cut them instead of breaking them, the pieces will stick together.
- When ready to make the ice cream, separate the frozen banana pieces and place in the blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if it is too thick. CAUTION: This recipe requires a high powered blender (like a Vitamix) or high powered food processor so it doesn't strain when you put in the frozen fruit.